You Are Reading

Evaluation, Focus, Develop

Evaluation

What is the problem?


Insufficient education and information on the history of native americans in an easy to read and understand info graphic guide for a museum. 


What subject/area of study are you focusing on?


Native Americans - Religion/Mythology, Way of life, Hunting, Clothing, Traditions (War Bonnet, Hallucinogenics, Dreamcatchers, Patterns and Totem Poles)

To what depth are you investigating this area/subject? Is this sufficient?


I have already gone into a lot of depth to find the right information i need. Reading articles, books, and information on websites to pool together all the correct and relevant research ready for me to use. I have also sourced 1000's of images as a visual bank for me to look over and look back on for influence, wherever i need it. I


What is the form and amount of your research to date?


Blogged sources - Collected material - Websites - Books and Tons of Imagery. 

What visual material do you have to work with?


I set myself a limit of at least 100 images to collect for each section but have collected more. I have looked at existing artwork, both relating the native americans and info-graphics. I have also looked at general imagery for all the separate sections i have been working on before creating my own visual imagery in the form of design sheets that have now moved on into my designs. 


Is there an appropriate amount  of work for the time you have had to develop it?


I would like to think so but i would probably say i could have done more if i had organised my time a little better. I have been very busy in other areas of the course so my full time and attention hasn't been on this. I am starting to put more hours into this project now that i am well on the way with designing. 


If there isn't why is this? How could you improve your work rate?


---


What is your timescale? When is the deadline?


The deadline is just under two weeks off, but i have booked my print slot for a couple of days before. I have planned my time appropratly in order to be ready for print, giving me a couple of days and a weekend to sort out any little bits before handing it in. 


What is achievable in the time available?


I believe that the final products that i have decided to create can be achieved in the time, that is why i chose to do this and wanted to focus my attention on it. 


What methods are you using to evaluate the progress of your ideas?


I am documenting my design ideas and checking them against my research to see if they relate and fit the general style that i am going for. I think at the moment i have got a real style that is running through my work so by checking my design ideas to see if they fit in and also against the information i am using and my research i think this gives me a good idea and way of evaluating my progress. 


Focus


What are you identifying as areas worth developing further?


maybe the format of my products. I am going to be making a booklet/zine/guide, a poster/s, and maybe stickers instead of sticking to my original plan of just postcards because i want to experiment a little bit more and have a bit of variety whilst staying under the same theme. 

What are you trying to communicate?


Educating and Informing people about the history of Native Americans, in a easy, contemporary and fun way. 


What audience have you identified?


People who would most likely visit museums really. Iv'e got to think about school children as in trips with school and family as well as an older cultural audience and try and mould something that will fit with both. 




Who are they?


Older Children - Tennagers - Adults

What problem(s) have you identified?


most of the information i have found looks dated, is presenting in a ugly, dated fashion and isn't easy to link it all together and find an learn quickly and easily. 


How do you intend to solve this (these)?


By making my set of products i want to make an easy, interactive, fun way for people to learn about this, but also make the design look contemporary and fit in within todays world.


What further research does this require? (what, where, who & when?)


I would like to get a museum visit in, but i only realised this when i got back into uni, i don't think i would have time but hopefully if i have time over a weekend. I will continue various research to keep myself on track when i'm creating. I already have a style going that seems to be working. 


What is your intention?


Educate and Inform in a easy and contemporary way. this will be through info-graphic themed postcards, posters and maybe a booklet/guide.

Development


Have you moved on from your initial starting point. If so how and why?


Yes i have, i wasn't really sure where i was going with the info graphics but when i figured what i wanted to say then i could picture in my head what everything needed to look like. This has made me change my product ideas and designs and give me enthusiasm to finish the project effectively. 




What methods are you using to document this development?


Blogging the progress of my ideas through design sheets and my work as it progresses into final pieces. 




What processes will you need to use to develop your work?


Group feedback and looking over my research and existing work to see if i am heading in the right direction. constantly experimenting with new ideas to see hoe i can fit them in to see if it will work. 




Do these processes require workshop access?


--


When do you intend to access these workshops?


--



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.