You Are Reading

OUGD502 - Self Branding - Logo, Identity & Stationary



Logo Development





I tried to create a more contemporary looking logo, which added a little bit. In the end, I realised this was a little bit too stylistic and not really true to type of Graphic Design that I'm creating. I'm quite a contemporary designer, but like to think that I'm not just a one trick pony with the Northern European style designs. This is why I stripped it back to the basics. The clean cut square with the four letterforms inside.

I also experimented with some different typefaces before finally selecting the chosen typeface in Avenire. 

You can see more of these experimentations in this scribd document below;-







Final Logo





I slightly adjusted the alignment of the letterforms so that the logo was easier to look at visually. The alignment of the 'A' and the 'E' now fit much better together 


Logo x Imagery





I found that the logo works brilliantly over black and white imagery, tying in with the theme. I used this old picture of my dad as part of the initial branding, but you can also see how the colour and different shapes can work over any black and white imagery relating to my work or lifestyle.








Stationary Set







Business Cards 












I wanted the business cards to be different to anything else that i've seen before. I also wanted the person who received it to get a sense of worth when they held it or looked at it. I thought I could achieve this by carefully selected the stock, the weight of the stock and the finishes to add a really tactile and luxurious element to the cards that will make someone want to keep it but also give them a sense of the style of design i create.

 I think these designs do both. I like the idea of using the pulp finish of the stock, real thickness, with the addition of the yellow stock sticker taped over the edge of the card and also maybe and embossed finish.




Letterhead






I applied my brand across various different pieces of stationary starting with a letterhead. I wanted to keep this simple and following the theme of my website, used the type aligned to the bottom of the page with the logo on the right. 






Moleskine / Notebook






The logo is easily applied to a moleskine and notebook through the bright colour scheme. Central alignment of the logo tends to work best. 



Stationary








Ipad / Iphone















Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.